Re: Privacy leak in VeriSign's SiteFinder service #2

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Mark Coleman wrote:

> More naughty Verisign deeds...

> This means that they can easily harvest the SOURCE email address field
> for marketing purposes (no typos there), and would have a strong
> educated guess of the correct domain of the mistyped TARGET.

Unfortunatly I found paper mail getting to me with an address that was
only used by a Veri$ign company and the address in this format was not
available through the WHOIS records. They sold my data without my consent.

That was the moment I decided to go to another register with my domain
info. So I think ill intend is not just suspected but must be considered
to be a real fact of life with Veri$ign

I for one have removed the Veri$ign root certificates and will inform
sites relying on them about the risk they take with Veri$ign and do advise
others to take smilar actions so we hurt them through their wallet.

Hugo.

--
    hvdkooij@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
            for they are subtle and quick to anger.