Re: base64

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 03:13:57PM -0400, MightyE wrote:
> I agree, I don't think it's unreasonable to reject improperly formatted
> messages.

>   Take the low road
> catchall, and simply reject them as a matter of course.

this runs counter to the maxim of Postel
<http://www.postel.org/postel.html>:

"Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send."
-- jon
RFC-1122 (originates in RFC760)

or was that wisdom for a different time?

`"What would Jon have done?", we will think, as we wrestle in the
days ahead with the problems Jon kept so well tamed for so many years.'
--Vint Cerf
RFC 2468