RE: Does VeriSign's SiteFinder service violate the ECPA?

                "By this logic, all webservers which unintentionally accept
traffic
                without somehow verifying that a typo did not take place
violate the
                ECPA. Thats ridiculous. Do you really want a precedent where,
if someone
                  accidentally POSTs bank information to your site instead of
the URL
                they meant to type, you are somehow liable? If I accidentally
call you
                instead of my friend and tell you all sorts of juicy gossip, is
it
                really your fault?"

                They aren't unintentionally accepting traffic, they are
willfully redirecting traffic specifically not intended for them.  If someone
"accidentally" POSTed information to my site due to a typo then I wouldn't
expect to be held accountable.  But if rather I set up a domain similar to the
banks so that all typos ended up being redirected to my site enabling me to
collect data not intended for my use, then it would become intentional, as is
the case with VeriSign.  All accidents lead to VeriSign.